Thursday, October 14, 2010

Breaking News?

I was happily watching the Sarah Palin endorsed soon to be indicted for campaign fraud sexy moaner ex-witch Christine O’Donnell (so crazy that girl!) debate Chris Coons at the University of Delaware on CNN and simultaneously following the live blog on the Wonkette, drink in hand, when Elliot Spitzers disgraced bony face suddenly filled my old skool Sony Trinitron teevee screen and without further ado it was all Chilean miners getting pulled from the earth! And even after the 33rd miner was sent packing to the hospital wearing his $450 Ray-bans it’s still on CNN as of this writing only Anderson Cooper has taken over the shift! I’m told I could have picked up the debate on C-Span but I don’t have that so I have to go to places like the Huffpo just to receive enough bits and pieces to keep me interested. Which I’m not, anymore.


I can’t even be bothered to turn up the volume and check out what these talking heads are babbling about now because it can’t possibly be anything important! Unless it’s the several rescuers still downhole. Talk about milking a story, the rolling text tells me that the 5th rescue worker is now topside and there is still 1 down below.
*sigh* The 24 hour news cycle demands raw meat and so it goes in perpetuity only broken by “Luke” selling Mr. Sushi to his Hong Kong client, or was it Ironman standing up to that washed up actor who looks like formaldehyde smells. Or perhaps it was "Flo" selling insurance for Progressive.
I can’t tell anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment