Friday, June 22, 2012

You Are Not The Boss Of Me!


What is the business model with the iDea Store and the Apple store in Riga? Both I have visited attempting a simple purchase of a Leopard and Lion upgrade disc which would take 5 minutes in North America. I have my reasons for wanting a physical disc but that is neither here nor there. In both establishments one is presented with two employees at the counter, a male totally fixated on whatever was on the screen in front of him flanked by a female who was obviously assigned the odious task of dealing with the great unwashed and while she was genuinely attempting to be helpful was clearly unable to answer my question so was thereby forced to attempt communication with her fellow (male) employee who remained immersed in his screen. Like a rooster.
What was on that computer screen anyway? Apple company intranet investment stats? Pr0n? Those guys just flat out refused to take their eyes off it and preferred to communicate in grunts best translated as “app store, not here”. I could’ve changed my question entirely and received the same answer. I suspect it is simply that if you are not purchasing hardware product off the shelf they have better things to do. No "Genius Bar" here!
My suggestion is that Apple, Riga fire all the male managers or top tier (male) floor people and replace them with their female underlings who clearly understand the purpose of the store and the value of not pissing off the only customer in the establishment.


I'll never waste my time in these places again.

No comments:

Post a Comment