Sunday, July 20, 2014

Strange Encounters Of The Strange Kind

A partially toasted but soon to be drunk Latvian guy walks up to me just as my wife and I stand up to leave our park bench and asks me if I am English? I roll my eyes at my wife like, "...see what I was telling you earlier? I can't go anywhere in the summer without someone trying to bum a ciggarette..." and he catches it and mumbles something about no it's not like that, do you have a cell phone? Now my wife is rolling her eyes at me in warning but the guy goes again, no it's not like that and mumbles can I tell him the time on my cell phone? Now curious, I reach into my pocket with my hand that has the wrist watch on it and holding my phone in a death grip I show him the screen which indicates that it is 1:00 pm precisely. Then we just turn and leave before he can figure out why he was talking to me to begin with because my home page on my iPhone is a seriously wasted looking Keith Richards with a ciggarette in his mouth.




No comments:

Post a Comment